Monday, June 11, 2007

session 4- wikis

I like the idea of incorporating wikis into my curriculum. I was looking through a wiki called "pay it forward" by Arapahoe HS which asks for ideas to the general audience how give can give back to the community. I can use something like this when I'm covering global warming topic. I can have students ask the general audience for input as to how we should improve global warming conditions. What are some measures that can be taken to lessen the effects and consequences of global warming.
I also like the idea of wiki to have students reflect on specific topics. Perhaps I can use it as a class journal where students can offer the ideas on debatable topics like cloning, stem cell research, etc.

2 comments:

Mr. Jumisko said...

Thanks for some cool ideas! I was discussing this in my blog as well http://communitas-es.blogspot.com and thought about using Wikis as portfolios of individual student work - so each kid would have their own Wiki, and they could share work and give feedback on each other's work. This would further encourage student to be independent scholars, while not just looking to the teachers for the final grade.

Ms. Middleton said...

This is a great way to use wikis.